DRIVEWAY CHARGING SECURITY ISSUES

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ellie67

Hi, I am considering leasing an Etron yet I am concerned because I don't have a garage and park outside in my driveway. I would have to have a 220V box installed and would ideally like to charge overnight, but I am afraid of the charging unit being stolen. Does anyone have any tips/hacks regarding my concern?? Any input would be appreciated because I love the car and want to get one!

If you're getting a 220v outlet put in, get a dedicated charger installed too. You'll get the benefits of 220 charging without worrying about the Audi supplied charger walking away.

Thank you for your reply! Can you tell me what's involved with installation of a dedicated charger?

Ellie67":27sg7hs6 said:
Thank you for your reply! Can you tell me what's involved with installation of a dedicated charger?
Basically you will need a 220V 25A or 40A dedicated electrical circuit installed to a spot near your parking. I had a certified electrician installed a 40A circuit. Then I purchased an EVDuty charging station, I choose the 30A model (needs a 40A circuit), even if the etron only draws 16A since it is the same price and if I get a car that can use more in the future I'll be covered.

Back