Just picked up my 2017 (Canada)

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jc12345

For all those in Canada, here is what I can confirm comes with the Technik + Technology + Sport Package

1. Slot for a sim card. Don't think it's enabled.
2. Wall hanger for the charger
3. Thought I would lose blind spot monitoring with the tech package but it's there
4. It's -8 and EV mode works fine. Not sure about distance because I didn't drain it.
5. Power cord is short from the charger to the car. Looks like 7 ft. If you're hanging on the wall, you don't have a lot of cord.
6. Two cables, 1 for Android phones, 1 for newer IPhone/IPads
7. Two USB
8. Black gets dirty fast in the winter :(

If you're wondering about space in the back...

Seats down = 4 tires + charger + roof rack + backpack and still room to stack
Seats up = 1 large suitcase + 2 medium or 1 Chocolate lab (get the rack and a cargo box for trips)

Other than that, drives well for the 30 mins I drove it. Winter tires have no problems on the packed snow we have. Feel small between 2 large trucks compared to driving our LR4 (it's been a while since I drove a car).

We got the 2017 Progressiv (GTA, Ontario). The main difference seems to be the MMI is only for radio, media and vehicle settings. Dealer said Audio Connect is only on the higher end models (ie A5, Q5 etc). It does have great Bluetooth connectivity though, and they gave us two cables, one IOS and one Android.

We charged up overnight then got about 20km on EV during the day - outside temp was about -10 deg C so not bad for a first trip with heater running. Car said 35km EV range before we started out, but that dropped quickly.

Main thing we were hoping for was the time delayed air conditioning, but it doesn't seem to be on the Progressiv. Dealer brought a couple techs to play with it and said " it used to be here", so either they haven't seen many or it became a higher end feature in 2017. The manual says it should be there so we intend to keep bugging them.

Charger looks good, just running it on 120V right now, but planning to install 240V socket soon. May need multiple brackets to move it around - front of garage in winter, near the garage door in summer!

Canadian Tire has a sale on Continental Winter Contact SI tires this week - just in time, plan to get some 205/55R16's for winter.

I installed the 240 in the garage and it has been woth it in my case since we do a lot of short trips on weekends and a couple of hours charge works well. I just went with a single outlet and may purchase a charger with a longer cable or just a cable extension. With the 50% incentive we're getting here it's hard not to do the upgrades before they take that away.

MSMatt":1sifs8bj said:
Main thing we were hoping for was the time delayed air conditioning, but it doesn't seem to be on the Progressiv. Dealer brought a couple techs to play with it and said " it used to be here", so either they haven't seen many or it became a higher end feature in 2017. The manual says it should be there so we intend to keep bugging them.

Just building my config now - the remote/delayed heating and cooling is only available with the Nav system, since it has Wifi unlike the Progressiv.

Did you end up getting 16" steel wheels? I have a set of 205-55-16 winter tires on my Golf right now and wouldn't mind keeping them for my e-tron

srwhitney":6lpzhdzh said:
Did you end up getting 16" steel wheels? I have a set of 205-55-16 winter tires on my Golf right now and wouldn't mind keeping them for my e-tron
If your Golf winter tires are 16" they will fit fine. I had 15" for my Golf, those won't clear the brake calipers on the front. I bought some used 16" A4 wheels for mine.

It's nice to see more e-trons on the roads of Toronto (GTA).
I saw a red 2017 recently and the subtle changes are very sweet. I would've loved to have the virtual cockpit, but couldn't wait for the 2017. Been very happy with mine so far.
As for AER, you'll likely get about 34 km on a full charge in the summer. That's what I averaged, driving from Whitby to Markham.
Winter AER is pretty bad, but that's typical for EV's. The best I got this winter so far was 24 km on a milder day.
My winter tires are 16's that I had from my previous car. Just had to get new rims (bolt pattern was different).

Jc12345":1dgmc00h said:
I installed the 240 in the garage and it has been woth it in my case since we do a lot of short trips on weekends and a couple of hours charge works well. I just went with a single outlet and may purchase a charger with a longer cable or just a cable extension. With the 50% incentive we're getting here it's hard not to do the upgrades before they take that away.

Hello jc12345,

If you are Canada, do you mind saying how much it cost to get 240 installed in your garage?

Thanks!
Ferster

arne":3masvnrd said:
srwhitney":3masvnrd said:
If your Golf winter tires are 16" they will fit fine. I had 15" for my Golf, those won't clear the brake calipers on the front. I bought some used 16" A4 wheels for mine.

I appreciate your enthusiasm on this forum, but this is the second reply you've made to a question I asked someone else. If you read my comment, I indicated that I have 16" snow tires. I am more curious about this person's fitment of the same size tire, not specifically the wheels. (I'm aware that 16" is required for TDI, GTI (except PP) and Audi vehicles to clear the brakes)

Yes, we did get 16" steel wheels. Hubcaps too, winter is too short to get dedicated alloy wheels, but we don't like the look of plain black rims!

They were "direct fit", which I believe means hub-centric. Seem fine, although there is a slight vibration over 110km/hr in the rear which is probably balancing.

It's been a long time since I had a VW group vehicle. I had forgotten they use bolts instead of studs and nuts for the wheels. Curious.

Ferster":gek79uk0 said:
Jc12345":gek79uk0 said:

Hello jc12345,

If you are Canada, do you mind saying how much it cost to get 240 installed in your garage?

Thanks!
Ferster

About $600 including inspection. I had quotes for double that before I called around. Found a licensed electrician on the site referenced by the incentive, who installed everything in about 2 hours and arranged the inspection. $5-600 seems about the right price.

Jc12345 - Hopefully you're in a province that will provide you with a rebate on the installation of a charging unit. I'm sure if you get an electrician to do the work and they give you a receipt for the job, you should be able to get some $$ back.
I'm in Ontario and I'm waiting for word on how we can get free charging at home and when it will be in effect.

Same...Ontario. I should get back 50%. It will still never pay for itself, at least not on this car. it was more because I wanted the outlet in the garage anyhow, and I might as well take advantage of the incentive while it's here. It also does allow 100% electric time for my situation most days.

Back