Charging clip with 2017

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iang

Does anyone have a picture or good description of the charging clip they now provide with the EVSE?

The charging clip is a holder for the Audi EVSE (included with your Etron). I holds bolts to a wall and holds the Audi EVSE.

I just received my 2017 e-tron and it did not come with the clip. Did anyone else have it included? Does anyone know the part number?

brianysf":2z1vb4ji said:
I just received my 2017 e-tron and it did not come with the clip. Did anyone else have it included? Does anyone know the part number?

I dont have a part number handy, I can see about digging one up though. However, I think for some reason the clip was only included with Technik trim level. Definitely something i found necessary in making the Bosch EVSE useful as a permanent charge station solution.

Here's some pics I posted showing it, in case you didn't see:
viewtopic.php?p=1572#p1572

IAN

iang":2mk5d8p4 said:
brianysf":2mk5d8p4 said:

I dont have a part number handy, I can see about digging one up though. However, I think for some reason the clip was only included with Technik trim level. Definitely something i found necessary in making the Bosch EVSE useful as a permanent charge station solution.

Here's some pics I posted showing it, in case you didn't see:
viewtopic.php?p=1572#p1572

IAN

It should be somewhere on the backside of the bracket. You'd be doing everyone a favor!

Actually I found it by chance today.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-vol ... 8v4915899/

940482_x600.jpg

That's a slightly different design from mine but looks the right shape to hold the EVSE. It doesn't seem to come with a hanger plug in for the j1772 end.
Mine is fairly permanently attached where it is, but I think the EVSE bag that lives in my shed has a manual that came with it ill check.
Your dealer should be able to get one, though it will be overpriced I'm sure.

IAN

I dug out the bag and manual i got with the EVSE clips. It's not clear what is a product number exactly so here is everything.

Here's the numbers i got off the bag:
8V4 915 899A
IC-CPD Ladeclip
AWH2000b
ABL ASU 0001

Manual:
8V4 900 015A
Montageanleitung
8064200a
ABL ASU 0001

Ian

Thanks all for the information, tips and alternative holders! I like the idea of using the heavy duty hooks as the price can't be beat.

Back