Post Fuelly badges here

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arne

Any other e-tron owners tracking their fossil fuel use on Fuelly.com? If so, post your badges in this thread. Badges auto update, so no need to come back and post new ones. Click on a badge to see more details on that car.

This will give an ongoing record of how the technology is working for all of us.

I'll start, metric, US and U.K. versions:

506017.png

506017.png

506017.png

Arne thanks for making me discover the Fuelly web site, I use to track this on a spreadsheet.

It is winter here, so my fossil fuel consumption will be probably higher that those driving in milder climate. BTW the e-tron does really well in the snow.

536455.png

536455.png

536455.png

I picked up the second Audi charge interface and now have a one at home and work. I fully charge the Etron from the solar battery at home each day and fully charge it again at work for the return trip home.
It is 92 kms round trip each day Mon-Fri. I get 36-38kms per charge travelling most of the trip at on a freeway @ 100km/h. For the remainder of the trip each way (10-11kms) the ICE kicks in.

So far on this tank I have travelled 788.1kms and the fuel gauge has only dropped one LED division from the full mark. The car is reporting total trip average since last fill of 1.8lts/100km or 156.9 MPG (UK)

I am enjoying the ETRON so far and think it is a great entry point into the EV world. I am going to use the ETRON as my daily commute and monitor the battery performance over time. :ugeek:

Apologies this is not exactly a 'Fuelly' post , but the way I am going on this tank it will be some time before I can.

Just used my 3rd tank of fuel since new. here are the calculated stats for this tank of fuel-:
Distance travelled
1,964.00 km
1,220.37 miles
Fuel volume
10.83 US gallons
9.02 Imperial gallons
41.00 litres
Fuel Economy
112.67 miles per US gallon
135.32 miles per Imperial gallon
47.90 km per litre
2.09 litres per 100 km
Car display indicated average 2.1 litres / 100km for entire tank so is pretty accurate. Graphical display indicated 78% emission free. Car is charged twice per day. Each evening at home via solar and at work via grid. Work round trip is 92kms. Etron covers around 70kms of that in pure EV each day. Leaves me about 22kms short of pure EV experience each day.

Just filled up for the first time in 2017 (last fill up was 12/28). This tank gave 134.3 mpg. I was hoping to beat my 140 mpg record, but I guess that will have to wait for the next tank.

rfortson":33yutu1t said:
Just filled up for the first time in 2017 (last fill up was 12/28). This tank gave 134.3 mpg. I was hoping to beat my 140 mpg record, but I guess that will have to wait for the next tank.
My last fill was on 12/23, and the first 250 miles was on the highway in hybrid-hold. I don't expect to fill it again until my next road trip. I should easily get over 140 mpg for this tank, maybe 150.

My latest fill up....2.25 L/100 km or 104.5 mpg (US).

2017 Stats:
Average cost of fuel: $55.88 p/month or $0.039 per km
Km driven: 8,524 km / 1,420 km/month
Avg fuel price: $1.27 p/liter

Home charging cost me (charging at work is free)
$19 in May
$21 in April
$27 in March
$29 in Feb
$21 in Jan
Nothing close to you guys: arne and rfortson, I'm sooooo envious. :mrgreen:

So I finally had to put gas in the tank on Saturday. My wife was getting worried that I would damage the fuel pump. So I filled up with 40kms showing of gas range.

First tank: 1188km (so close to 1200!)

Long-Term Milage was 3.3L/100km, or 71.3mpg

Charing at home since pickup May 19th: 13 days @ 7.7cent/kwh x 8.8 = $8.81

Cost to fill tank $44.

So I figure that it cost me 4.4cents/km for this tank (though I didn't actually pay for the gas when I picked it up!)

My Subaru was costing about $57 to fill up. And I'd get about 500km out of a tank. So that's about 11.4cents/km.

Not bad for my first try!

Finished a trip to Ottawa over the weekend. This is the 1st long distance journey in my e-tron since I got it last year. My starting point is just about 30 minutes east of Toronto.
Started with a full tank and a full charge Friday (June 30) morning. When the range was depleted, I switched to Hybrid Auto mode. Along the way I was able to find a charging station in a Petro Canada gas station just off hwy 401 in Napanee, which worked out to be a good stop for breakfast and a quick charge (I got about 20 km added). Made it to Ottawa with 1/2 tank showing (wow only 20 liters for a 4 hours drive) and the car recouped 10 km.
The charging station infrastructure in Ottawa is like most cities, which is to say that it's lacking, very few charging stations around and really needs improvement.
Not being able to charge on Friday, I was ICE'ing it for the rest of day.
Saturday I was able to charge it at a parking lot and got a full battery. Most of my driving Sat was by ICE.
The trip to Ottawa and driving around the city netted 554 km and needed 31.15 liters which works out to 5.62 l/100 km.
I filled up the tank Sunday morning and spent most of the day still in Ottawa (my drive back was after dinner). I was able to find charging stations where I was visiting. For the return drive back I didn't charge at all. Drove in Hybrid Auto all the way and made it home with between 15 and 20 liters of gas left.
I filled up until Monday night with the fuel level showing 2 bars left, at which point I drove 589 km - I put in 30.51 liters (5.18 l/100 km).
I recall driving my previous car, a Subaru Impreza (not an STI or WRX), and one time recorded getting 6.8 l/100 km (mixed driving) over 580 km but I had the donut spare on which made me drive 80 - 90 km/h max on the hwy.
With the e-tron I drove in a normal manner, at or slightly above the limit (going with the flow of traffic - wink - as we all do ;) :) ).
My personal assessment, for what I did over the weekend I'm very impressed with the cars' ability over long distances. It was comfortable (I wasn't sore at anytime), quiet and efficient.

For those who only look at the numbers:
To Ottawa: 554 km - 31.15 liters or 5.62 l/100 km
Return drive: 589 km - 30.51 liters or 5.18 l/100 km

Ok. So after a Canada day weekend trip up North I finally had to fill up.

TANK #2:

1,600kms or 994miles
2.4L/100kms or 98mpg
Cost of tank + charging down to 4 cents per km

Added bonus- the my paddleboard fits just swell!

Back