First Service Information

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerry3561

I might as well share my experience of my first service back in January.

The first annual service is essentially just the mandatory 12 month / 9,000 mile oil change (list price approx £220), but I wanted them to check out a few issues like communication problems with the e-tron app, strange noises going from ICE to EV and no EV available on some cold mornings.

In the process of diagnosing the e-tron app problem, the discovered that LTE antenna #2 (located behind the rear bumper) was faulty so that was replaced under warranty (list price of £504).

They were unable to replicate the ICE to EV noise problem and stated that EV mode can be unavailable sometimes in cold weather because of potential condensation problems.

Overall, the service was professionally carried out and well documented by the dealership, giving my e-tron a clean bill of health for its second year. Furthermore, thanks to my missing illuminating door sills it was all free of charge.

I was so happy to get back in the e-tron this evening. I had an A5 coupe TDI for a couple of days and hated it. The A3 e-tron still makes me smile every time I drive it. I love the convenience of having a nice warm and defrosted car in the mornings and every now and then have a chuckle when I use electric boost to overtake. Most of all, I love the way that Audi has integrated the drive-train.

Granted there have been a few niggles, mostly to do with the e-tron app, but with a 5-year warranty and a surprisingly good dealership for servicing, I'm still smiling.

Furthermore, the motor oil specified for the e-tron is part number AG 052 167 M2. This is a special 5W-40 oil which I believe is called Special Plus and conforms to VAG Approvals 502 00 / 505 00 / 505 01. The lable states "Advanced Engine Oil for gasoline and diesel engines without LongLife service. Superior wear protection plus improved cold start properties."
The e-tron takes 4 litres @ £8.05 / litre (+VAT)

Other components included in the service are:
A04E 115 561 H Oil Filter
AN 902 889 01 Plug
AN 013 815 7 Washer
AG 052 164 M1 (Windscreen Washer Cleaner)

Also included in my 1st service was a check of the brake pads/linings and the tyre repair set.

The free Audi Health Check appears (as per documentation check list) to be a comprehensive check of the following:
  • Internal: Warning lamps. indicator lamps, horn, instruments, wipers and washers, seatbelts, clutch, foot and hand brake operation.
    External: Body damage, trim, glass, mirrors, external lights, wiper blades and lock operation.
    Under Bonnet: Brake fluid condition, battery condition, coolant level, engine oil level, power steering fluid level, drive belts, screenwash level.
    Brakes, Suspension & Bearings: Visual check of brake discs, pads, brake hoses and dampers.
    Underbody & Steering: Steering, drive shafts, hoses, oil leaks, exhaust system (front, centre and rear silencer).
    Other: Check of all tyre pressure and tread depth.

While this is a free service from Audi, it obviously provides scope for further maintenance work on older vehicles.

Back