Mileage tracking in EV and Hybrid mode

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josephc618

Hi, just purchased an e-tron two weeks ago. Is there a way in the MMI that I can find out how many miles I have driven in EV mode and hybrid mode separately? Thanks

Hi Josephc618
1stly congrats on getting the e-tron.
What colour is your car? Would like to see some pic's if you don't mind posting.
Unfortunately, there is no tracking of each of the 4 settings individually. Within the MMI you can see the statistics as a % of emission free driving. There are 2 calculations, 1 for current/recent drive and the other covers overall/total miles/kms driven.
But it sounds like this is not what you're looking for.

I agree, it would be nice to track the EV and gas miles separately. Although my car says I have 22 or 23 miles on a full charge, I get only about 2/3 of that with only the radio on, no heat or AC.

slosflores":1by1dv9v said:
I agree, it would be nice to track the EV and gas miles separately. Although my car says I have 22 or 23 miles on a full charge, I get only about 2/3 of that with only the radio on, no heat or AC.
I know it's hard, but slow down. :)

I run AC everyday and get 17-20 miles on battery each day, but I ease away from starts and anticipate my stops. I don't necessarily drive slowly, but more "easy".

I get about 14 miles on battery power, although it always reads 21 miles when fully charged. I'm running AC, and drive it like a normal car instead of hypermiling.

I finally filled the tank, 2 days short of a full month of driving. Turned out to be 64 mpg. That's over twice what I got from my VW Sportwagen TDI.

Filled up on Sept 25 and then Oct 8. Over that time I drove mainly using Hybrid Auto mode 1,247 km (almost 775 miles) and got 2.85 l/100 km (82.53 mpg).
I tried to be religious in using the Hybrid Auto for all my driving and for the full tank of gas. Always remembering to switch it when I start the car.

Hi,

just got my 2017 e-tron (US) 3 weeks ago and I am loving it. My goal is to minimize gas consumption as much as possible (and track it (I am a scientist, can't help it) ;)

The manual gives instructions on "range statistics" that gives in % how much you drive electric and on gas. Problem is that I cannot get to this screen in my car.
I have the lowest ranking "Premium" model. My suspicion is that this one does not support the feature (but the manual is not clear about that). Does anybody know if one needs the "Premium Plus" or "Prestige" or can anybody translate the instructions for me?

newmexican":24flpirm said:
Hi,

just got my 2017 e-tron (US) 3 weeks ago and I am loving it. My goal is to minimize gas consumption as much as possible (and track it (I am a scientist, can't help it) ;)

The manual gives instructions on "range statistics" that gives in % how much you drive electric and on gas. Problem is that I cannot get to this screen in my car.
I have the lowest ranking "Premium" model. My suspicion is that this one does not support the feature (but the manual is not clear about that). Does anybody know if one needs the "Premium Plus" or "Prestige" or can anybody translate the instructions for me?

So, if you go into your menu and select car, you don't have an etron statistics choice? (I think that's what it's called. I'm going by memory.)

You should see a pie chart that shows battery use and gas use. If you page down (use the big dial), you'll see cumulative statistics for the life of the car.

rfortson":2einisol said:
newmexican":2einisol said:
Hi,

So, if you go into your menu and select car, you don't have an etron statistics choice? (I think that's what it's called. I'm going by memory.)

You should see a pie chart that shows battery use and gas use. If you page down (use the big dial), you'll see cumulative statistics for the life of the car.

Nope, I do not even see the "car" option. I see "Vehicle" but under this there is no option for the statistics. .... For clarification: I talk about the menu on the rectangular screen in the center of the car.

hangtime10":12r6110r said:
Here is a link to a few "how to" videos for Audi, although they use e-tron in the title (a little misleading).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSnBP5T9lMY&list=PLvUtHcHjLh3KavuzE-h1G8nQARt2d0hjq

At 3:08 of the "Preferred Scheduling" video, they navigate to the screen that shows the e-tron statistics.

Thanks hangtime10 - Unfortunately my screens look different. I still suspect that you need at least the Premium Plus model for this feature. Wish Audi would give me the answer. I bought my etron in another state (500 miles away) and only get "email support" until I am back in that town for them to show me why they think it is working in my car.

newmexican":27eqjhfl said:
hangtime10":27eqjhfl said:
Here is a link to a few "how to" videos for Audi, although they use e-tron in the title (a little misleading).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSnBP5T9lMY&list=PLvUtHcHjLh3KavuzE-h1G8nQARt2d0hjq

At 3:08 of the "Preferred Scheduling" video, they navigate to the screen that shows the e-tron statistics.

Thanks hangtime10 - Unfortunately my screens look different. I still suspect that you need at least the Premium Plus model for this feature. Wish Audi would give me the answer. I bought my etron in another state (500 miles away) and only get "email support" until I am back in that town for them to show me why they think it is working in my car.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally got to see my Audi dealer. My sales person is the only Etron expert in the company and finally had to admit the the "Premium" model (US) does not have the extended diagnostics.

So let me state this specifically: Most of the diagnostics listed in the 2017 model's manual (electric driving fraction, biggest power consumer, etc.) is only available in the Premium Plus and Prestige models.

Back