0-60 times

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WantOne

I've seen some low times posted for getting from zero to 60mph for the e tron - as low as 6.5 secs. I assume these were clocked when the car was using both the electric and gas engines simultaneously.
Is this fast acceleration possible at all times? Only when the battery has a decent charge? Only in certain driving modes?
Thanks

Whilst I have not gone to the length of timing the actual acceleration achieved it is clear to me that in order to get the best acceleration you need to do the following...

Place the gear selector in "S" Sport mode (put in to "D" Drive and then pull down once).
This automatically puts the engines into Hybrid Hold mode which starts the ICE and returns regen braking to the battery.

So long as there is some level of battery charge, when you floor the throttle the power meter will move to 100% (full revs) and will then move further into the boost zone, this adds the electric motor to achieve the full 200+bhp.

However, when you do this, it all gets very noisy (not in a nice V8 way) because the ICE hold a low gear.

In reality, I use "S" mode only when my journey is longer than the battery range and then only when I need it (i.e. overtaking). Otherwise I stick to E-tron or Hybrid Auto.

Today for the first time, I was completely out of charge and had been cruising around in hold mode. I quickly shifted to sport mode and the "boost" would not kick in. I tried a couple more times and could not get the boost.

I left it in sport more for a few minutes and the boost was restored.

So yes, there must be a minimum of charge. Keeping it in sport mode for a minute tells the car to charge up the battery just a little.

Audi says 7.6 and Car and Driver says 6.5 seconds. I assume that is because Car and Driver will use Launch Control if available and it is available on the A3 etron.

I've tried Launch Control once and it's noticeably quicker. Otherwise, I haven't really pushed it too much.

Back