Head-count - how many e-trons in your area

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hangtime10

Since having my e-tron, I've only seen 2 other e-trons during my drives.
1, a grey e-tron like mine, was at the CS where I also went to charge and the other was red which passes me in the opposite direction in the morning.

So, I know our choice of EV will never be a high volume seller (and I prefer it that way) but have you ever wondered how many are in your area?

Let me start.

I'm in the Toronto area, where are you?

Quebec city Area.

0 e-tron but mine. But I know my dearlership have sold at least 10 of them. They remain to be seen!

Nice. Quebec City is a beautiful city, your e-tron adds to that. :)
What colour did you get?
Wanted to post a pic of my car here, but not sure how to do that (from my local drive)

Daytona Grey.

This is how it goes:

2016-04-14%2012.07.51.jpg

2016-04-13%2017.59.15.jpg

2016-04-13%2017.59.05.jpg

2016-04-13%2017.58.55.jpg

I like it a lot.

That's a beauty. I really like the rims. Looks like you got the Technik trim, with the sport pkg? (this is my configuration plus tinted windows)
Like you I really, really like mine too. I'm convinced that anyone who tries the e-tron will like it.

Very nice. I spoke with a GM of an Audi dealership and he told me they'll only be 75-80 e-trons coming to Canada this year.
Our cars will be very rare.

In the Washington DC area, I've only seen one (maybe two) other e-trons. There was a silver one I saw stopped at a traffic light. I also saw a silver e-tron on the lift at local dealer (seems diesel isn't good for it). I have no idea if they are the same vehicle or not.

I was in Germany earlier this year and saw one e-tron. Of course, a g-tron drove by 10 minutes before the e-tron showed up.

Per insideevs.com, US market e-tron sales were:
Dec 15 49
Jan 16 327
Feb 16 248
Mar 16 332
Apr 16 326 (#10 so far for 2016)

Sales in the U.S. has been pretty good. I'm sure Audi is managing the number of e-trons they're supplying, much like here.
I know that the dealerships here in the GTA don't have inventory available. Usually the only e-tron they have is for display and test drives. So it's likely that we'll see more in a few months as majority of them are being ordered.

A former co-worker of mine, went to Germany and saw the R8 e-tron charging.
Follow this link and scroll down to the bottom of the page.
https://speakev.com/threads/audi-r8-e-t ... ost-275980

SoCal, haven't seen a single one.

I see a lot more BMW I3s, which is surprising because that car is horrible.

Pretty certain mine is the only one in Eugene, as none have been seen at all, and we don't have a local dealer. I think this would be a good market for them if the nearest dealers weren't a minimum of 100 miles away.

I did see one when I was in the Portland area this weekend, a gray one in wilsonville, around 1:00 pm. First one I've seen on the road other than mine.

I've met 3 other e-tron owners in my area, 1 black, 1 white and 1 silver. Another white one charges in by my work but I haven't met the owner yet. So far mine is the only grey one.

I've seen zero here in Houston, and we have a wide variety of electric-enabled cars around here. Lots of Teslas, Volts, a few Leaves, i3's and I've even seen an i8 (it's pretty sharp). But no other e-trons. The A3 Sportback is rare enough that I've only seen (I think) 3 others, including one at work.

PA010150 by Russ, on Flickr

rfortson":unnse99s said:
I've seen zero here in Houston, and we have a wide variety of electric-enabled cars around here. Lots of Teslas, Volts, a few Leaves, i3's and I've even seen an i8 (it's pretty sharp). But no other e-trons. The A3 Sportback is rare enough that I've only seen (I think) 3 others, including one at work.

PA010150 by Russ, on Flickr

That is a beautiful backdrop for a pic!!!
The red on the e-tron is really nice. I would've gotten that if my previous car wasn't red.

hangtime10":12lfx5e1 said:
That is a beautiful backdrop for a pic!!!
The red on the e-tron is really nice. I would've gotten that if my previous car wasn't red.

Thanks. I've had a number of red cars, but started thinking about it and realized it had been nearly 20 years since I had one. Figured it was time again. When I started looking, there was only one for sale in Texas with the next closest being in Florida. I had to drive to San Antonio to pick it up, but it was a fun road trip.

Should have updated this earlier. I saw an e-tron in downtown Houston over Christmas. Blue one parked on the road. How did I know it was an e-tron? It had that giant "e-tron" decal on the side of the car like you see in all the advertisements. Didn't get a picture as I was driving.

Yeah, I spotted a gray one here in a Eugene just last week. So two for sure...

There's one red here in Kelowna, and I was about to add the second in April. However, the local dealership has one coming in which is Monsoon Gray. I can't quite figure out whether I like it. Anyone on here got one and a photo you can put up?

Love the Daytona on page one, very nice!

My boss also has an etron (she's the reason why I looked into it) and we park ours in the same lot. Other than her car, I haven't seen any other etrons (I'm in the SF Bay Area).

After a year+ of looking for e-trons, I've seen 4 (or 5) around DC. One silver (or two - see my previous posting), one blue, one red, and one white. I've seen more old A3 Sportbacks.

If you want to keep EV score, today I saw a Tesla, an i3 (unusual sighting), an i8 (even more unusual), and a Volt. No e-trons though. Haven't seen one in months.

Back