Charge fault issues

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjanisch

I've owned my e-tron for about 2 weeks now and am loving it but in the past 2 days I've run into the same issue twice. I went to charge at two different L2 Chargepoint public stationa and I inserted the EVSE handle and it locked into place but both times no juice would flow and there was an error message on the e-tron connect App saying that the charger was not inserted. The indicator light next to the charge port stayed a solid yellow. Has anyone else experienced issues with the EVSE handle's not inserting all the way into the e-tron's charge port?

Do you have a scheduled charge timer? Make sure you select the "Immediate charging button" (bottom) rather than the "Charging timer button" (top) and wail until it pulsates green. I used ChargePoint at work but where it's located, e-tron connect service's Verizon signal is not very good. I use the ChargePoint app to track and stop charging activity instead.

Hope that helps.
-Ben

bruintoo":36xsodlo said:
Do you have a scheduled charge timer? Make sure you select the "Immediate charging button" (bottom) rather than the "Charging timer button" (top) and wail until it pulsates green. I used ChargePoint at work but where it's located, e-tron connect service's Verizon signal is not very good. I use the ChargePoint app to track and stop charging activity instead.

Hope that helps.
-Ben
Yep. Next time it happens, I'll screenshot my phone and post the error message. Chargepoint showed that it was actively charging but no juice was running to it.

I had the same thing happen at a Charge Point station today - the LED on the car stayed amber and the station reported no charging was done. It was for sure in the "charge now" mode and not the timer mode. I believe the error message on the e-tron app. on my phone said "charging connector not locked."

Were you ever able to find a way to get it to work?

Thanks!
-Eric

Back