Audi A3 E-tron Forum

It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Need HELP with e-tron connect for US A3 e-trons!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:39 pm
Posts: 175
Has anybody here who have gotten their e-tron in the US successfully used the e-tron web portal or the e-tron connect app (iOS or Android)? I am able to log into either the website (etron.audiusa.com) or the mobile app, however, there is no data about my e-tron in either portal. The e-tron doesn't seem to be transmitting any data or the portal doesn't seem to be receiving any data.

I have an open ticket with Audi Customer Support and they are currently looking into it.
-Ben


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need HELP with e-tron connect for US A3 e-trons!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:51 pm
Posts: 11
bruintoo wrote:
Has anybody here who have gotten their e-tron in the US successfully used the e-tron web portal or the e-tron connect app (iOS or Android)? I am able to log into either the website (etron.audiusa.com) or the mobile app, however, there is no data about my e-tron in either portal. The e-tron doesn't seem to be transmitting any data or the portal doesn't seem to be receiving any data.

I have an open ticket with Audi Customer Support and they are currently looking into it.
-Ben


I successfully connected to the eTron portal and my car through the smartphone (iOS) app. The dealership helped to register and provide me with my PIN. Once connected I was able to see stats, set charge timers etc. The portal (web page) did not display any stats and seemed to be incomplete, however the phone app was able to show me the stats. Note that the collected stats only begin after the car is registered, so you might only see data the day after registering. I also notice that the connection did not work when my car was down in the garage at work, only when I was in close proximity at home. Maybe a cellular connection issue. The app is pretty basic and the charge timer and auxiliary heating setting is pretty useful. Not sure if the app/car can send notifications after a charge is completed (that would be cool!).

Good luck getting connected. I found the Customer Support extremely helpful. They called my dealership and walked them through all the steps. Seems like there's a bit of a learning curve as this is all new for everyone.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need HELP with e-tron connect for US A3 e-trons!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:39 pm
Posts: 175
avisriv wrote:
bruintoo wrote:
Has anybody here who have gotten their e-tron in the US successfully used the e-tron web portal or the e-tron connect app (iOS or Android)? I am able to log into either the website (etron.audiusa.com) or the mobile app, however, there is no data about my e-tron in either portal. The e-tron doesn't seem to be transmitting any data or the portal doesn't seem to be receiving any data.

I have an open ticket with Audi Customer Support and they are currently looking into it.
-Ben


I successfully connected to the eTron portal and my car through the smartphone (iOS) app. The dealership helped to register and provide me with my PIN. Once connected I was able to see stats, set charge timers etc. The portal (web page) did not display any stats and seemed to be incomplete, however the phone app was able to show me the stats. Note that the collected stats only begin after the car is registered, so you might only see data the day after registering. I also notice that the connection did not work when my car was down in the garage at work, only when I was in close proximity at home. Maybe a cellular connection issue. The app is pretty basic and the charge timer and auxiliary heating setting is pretty useful. Not sure if the app/car can send notifications after a charge is completed (that would be cool!).

Good luck getting connected. I found the Customer Support extremely helpful. They called my dealership and walked them through all the steps. Seems like there's a bit of a learning curve as this is all new for everyone.


Thanks. Good that I know at least two USA e-tron owners have their e-trons working with e-tron connect app and portal. I've confirmed this from another forum (AudiWorld). Seems there are several things that could be causing the error: Audi's backend servers, Verizon Telematic's side, or god forbid, something is wrong with my car that it's not transmitting data. Audi's tech support guys are troubleshooting, and i may know some answers Monday. Acccording to the Audi Customer Support, I'm not the only one experiencing this problem.
-Ben


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need HELP with e-tron connect for US A3 e-trons!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:13 am
Posts: 4
It seems to be intermittent for me. I just had everything work flawlessly a few hours ago when the car was parked in an outdoor carpark. But at work and home it's failed to update for hours and won't let me do things like turn on the heating remotely (via web or iPhone app), which makes it rather less useful.

I'm glad they're working on it. Hopefully its bugs not endemic design (or Verizon's coverage). I absolutely love the car and agree that Audi's phone support/customer service on the Connect and telematics is great. I was quite critical of them over the many delivery delays, so only fair to say that post-delivery Audi USA have impressed me no end, both dealer and corp.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need HELP with e-tron connect for US A3 e-trons!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:39 pm
Posts: 175
etronner wrote:
It seems to be intermittent for me. I just had everything work flawlessly a few hours ago when the car was parked in an outdoor carpark. But at work and home it's failed to update for hours and won't let me do things like turn on the heating remotely (via web or iPhone app), which makes it rather less useful.

I'm glad they're working on it. Hopefully its bugs not endemic design (or Verizon's coverage). I absolutely love the car and agree that Audi's phone support/customer service on the Connect and telematics is great. I was quite critical of them over the many delivery delays, so only fair to say that post-delivery Audi USA have impressed me no end, both dealer and corp.


It's been two weeks and Audi USA still haven't figured out why my car is not sending information to their servers. The mobile app and the web portal are useless to me. I think I'm going to take my car in and have the dealer sort things out and I'll ask for a loaner.
-Ben


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need HELP with e-tron connect for US A3 e-trons!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:03 pm
Posts: 55
Got the app working. Getting multiple e-mails from Audi in the space of a few minutes about the different accounts (web and app are separate e-mails) didn't help with knowing what went with what.

Followed Bruintoo's suggestion in the other thread about the app only working with the 8 digit account number and 4 digit pin. Once those were entered, they sent a e-mail with a registration code. That in turn activated the app (version 1.1.5) on that device so that I could actually see data from my E-tron.

When the app times out and logs you off, you log back in using the account number and pin. Not your myaudi acount login.

Live updates don't seem to be enabled, you need to tap on the refresh symbol in the upper right hand corner of each mini-applet (such as Vehicle or e-tron) to get new info. The applets are on different refresh cycles, updating e-tron doesn't change the vehicle status and vice versa.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: OMG the e-tron connect service finally works for me!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:39 pm
Posts: 175
After two trips to the dealer, Audi was finally able to fix my e-tron connectivity issues. It was not provisioned correctly in the first place. But tech is not exactly sure what has fixed it. It's either unplugging and resetting the entire car from an initial state or correctly provisioning the services this time. In any case whatever driving data statistics I had since I bought the car has been wiped.

What an ordeal!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need HELP with e-tron connect for US A3 e-trons!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:50 am
Posts: 120
Location: Bracknell - UK
Well, it may have all been in vain as the "App" situation may all be changing if news from forum members in Norway are true! (Thanks to @Erlingni in Oslo and @Mobileum).

"The Norwegian importer recently informed new owners that the A3 e-tron app and portal will be discontinued, and that all A3 e-tron app users will be merged over to my.audi.com app (MMI connect) and portal.

New cars produced after week 45/2015 are already using my.audi only, and not the crappy e-tron app.

Same thing for VW GTE owners currently using e-remote, will start using car-net instead (apparently as of yesterday in Norway)."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need HELP with e-tron connect for US A3 e-trons!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:39 pm
Posts: 175
jerry3561 wrote:
Well, it may have all been in vain as the "App" situation may all be changing if news from forum members in Norway are true! (Thanks to @Erlingni in Oslo and @Mobileum).

"The Norwegian importer recently informed new owners that the A3 e-tron app and portal will be discontinued, and that all A3 e-tron app users will be merged over to my.audi.com app (MMI connect) and portal.

New cars produced after week 45/2015 are already using my.audi only, and not the crappy e-tron app.

Same thing for VW GTE owners currently using e-remote, will start using car-net instead (apparently as of yesterday in Norway)."

Not in the U.S.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need HELP with e-tron connect for US A3 e-trons!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:50 am
Posts: 120
Location: Bracknell - UK
I'm sure it is possible that they might retain the e-tron app for the US market only, but I would imagine that, bearing the delays faced in releasing the e-tron in the US market that most of the cars may have been built prior to November 9th. In any case, any migration will probably take time in order to make sure that the MMI Connect app can handle the sudden additional load. There would then be one app to cover all Audi models.

I haven't yet tried the MMI Connect app as I have several trouble tickets open with Audi UK on the e-tron app and I don't want to confuse things. They have already identified a faulty LTE antenna behind the rear bumper which may have been part of the problems I was facing. There have also been changes to the MMI firmware since my e-tron was built (week 49 / 2014) but I need to take things one step at a time.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
© Audi A3 E-tron Forum - part of the MyElectricCarForums.com Group