Check Engine P04ED

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmwes

Check Engine light came on Saturday, using a WiFi OBD scanner and the Tourqe Pro app I've used for years gives me P0442 (small evaporative emission control, used to get this on my Ford Fusion occasionally, NBD just tighten the gas cap).

And it gives me P04ED which a quick Google search comes up with nothing. Anybody have that info?

Car is going in for service 10/19 and as been driving fine. Not sure if I can clear the codes with Torque like I could with the Fusion, I'll give that a try this afternoon.

FYI, I was able to clear the code and the Check Engine light hasn't returned.

OldSkoolMadSkilz":231uanyl said:
Did it return? Have the same codes, same car. I think a rodent possibly ate some of my evap system.

Sorry, haven't checked this site in a while. It does keep returning, usually the day after I fill up my tank. I clear it, it goes away and comes back. I'm going in for the 60K service in a few weeks, I'm going to leave the light on and have them check it out I suppose.

tmwes":2btbsbcr said:
OldSkoolMadSkilz":2btbsbcr said:
Did it return? Have the same codes, same car. I think a rodent possibly ate some of my evap system.

Sorry, haven't checked this site in a while. It does keep returning, usually the day after I fill up my tank. I clear it, it goes away and comes back. I'm going in for the 60K service in a few weeks, I'm going to leave the light on and have them check it out I suppose.

Please let me know what you find. I'm gonna take ours to the local station and hook up a smoke tester.

OldSkoolMadSkilz":1sv7wfoq said:
tmwes":1sv7wfoq said:
OldSkoolMadSkilz":1sv7wfoq said:

Please let me know what you find. I'm gonna take ours to the local station and hook up a smoke tester.

The light wasn't on for the 60K service...but I brought it in this week for a recall and the light was on, so I didn't clear it.

I'm told purge valve, which is quoted for a $1500 repair :( I'm looking it up before I give the OK; the quote also has intake manifold gaskets on it?

Except for the visible CEL, car has always run and driven just fine

tmwes":3h7uwsga said:
The light wasn't on for the 60K service...but I brought it in this week for a recall and the light was on, so I didn't clear it.

I'm told purge valve, which is quoted for a $1500 repair :( I'm looking it up before I give the OK; the quote also has intake manifold gaskets on it?

Did you ever get it resolved? Was it the purge valve? Tried finding it on mine. Nowhere to be found.

tmwes":aqg9uejs said:

Think I got it fixed. Replaced the purge valve. It wasn't too bad but its definitely a bit complicated. Had to remove the intake manifold as it runs underneath. If you decide to do it. I can give you a few pointers.

Back