Replace charger cable

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LegacEtron

I just took delivery of a 2017 CPO and noticed that the boot where the high-voltage end of the cable exits the charge controller is cracked all the way through, such that I can see the wires underneath. I see where it’s possible to order the 120/240v segments, but I can’t seem to find a part number for the other segment, which connects the charger to the car. Is it possible to replace just this piece?

OK, I found [url viewtopic.php?f=11&t=310]this thread[/url] which links to the 2016 parts diagram. Can anyone help me with which 2500mm cable is appropriate for a US car? I thought these were "type 2" charging heads, but the one that says CDN USA (the "T" variant) says Type 1.

And are these really >$500 to replace? Would they be covered by warranty?

Can’t believe how old this thread is, but this thread as well as a few more buried in the forums are what got me to a secondary portable charger for my 2017. This one (direct link below, no referral or anything ) was mentioned and I just bought it and tested it out - fits nice and snugly into the charging port, and even in a normal 110V socket charged to full in 4 hours and 20 minutes. Will update as needed over time and more usage. Incredibly priced at around $180 compared to the $2500 OEM the dealer ordered.

For those with OEM chargers as well as other aftermarket chargers, at 110V or 220V, how long does it take you to charge from 0 to full?

Also, once charged to full and the charger removed, how long have you guys experienced does the battery charge last with the car parked? Should I expect some battery drainage and less mileage range if the car has been parked for a few days?

https://www.amazon.com/Zencar-Portable- ... op?ie=UTF8

Back