Looking to buy used 2016 A3 e-tron. Should I do it?

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruuster

I'd like to switch to a hybrid car and the Audi A3 e-tron seems to have the best performance and handling of the ones available.
I've had a 2001 A4 about 15 years ago and it was a Lemon. All repairs under warranty but in the shop for more than 60 days in 3 years.
Has Audi reliability gotten better? Should I try Audi again?

Thanks for your responses.
Bruce in Los Angeles

No, go for the 2017.

Both are extremely reliable vehicles but the standard spec on the 17 is incredible. They basically took all the cool optional extras from the 2016 and made them standard.

bruuster":1jv78vq0 said:
I'd like to switch to a hybrid car and the Audi A3 e-tron seems to have the best performance and handling of the ones available.
I've had a 2001 A4 about 15 years ago and it was a Lemon. All repairs under warranty but in the shop for more than 60 days in 3 years.

Bruce in Los Angeles

I got a used 2016 A3 e-tron late last year, and I have to say etronfan's comments are generally quite valid. But even with the criticisms, like him, I still really like the car. I don’t have the paddle shifters, and rarely use the sport mode. I have had a few Priuses (still have one), so the e-tron is a welcome bump performance-wise! As “meek” as the Prius is by comparison, one thing Toyota really got right was the transitions between gas and electric—it is seamless. (I don’t know if the Prius PHEVs are the same). Maybe because the Prius is lower-powered it is easier to do? Anyway, this is really my only complaint about the e-tron. Audi just didn’t quite get the gas-electric hand-offs as seamlessly as Toyota, but it sure is nice to have decent HP with some good low-end torque for a change!

PS: I'm also in L.A.

MitchH":19qqm4m0 said:
bruuster":19qqm4m0 said:

Bruce in Los Angeles

I got a used 2016 A3 e-tron late last year, and I have to say etronfan's comments are generally quite valid. But even with the criticisms, like him, I still really like the car. I don’t have the paddle shifters, and rarely use the sport mode. I have had a few Priuses (still have one), so the e-tron is a welcome bump performance-wise! As “meek” as the Prius is by comparison, one thing Toyota really got right was the transitions between gas and electric—it is seamless. (I don’t know if the Prius PHEVs are the same). Maybe because the Prius is lower-powered it is easier to do? Anyway, this is really my only complaint about the e-tron. Audi just didn’t quite get the gas-electric hand-offs as seamlessly as Toyota, but it sure is nice to have decent HP with some good low-end torque for a change!

PS: I'm also in L.A.

I did get a 2017 Premium Plus in Dec. of last year. Interestingly, I barely feel the EV to Gas transition. I know these transmissions need an oil change at 40k miles. Maybe that might help your vehicle. Maybe. I use Sport Mode on the freeway all the time. I like the 1 pedal driving. I also get about 9 miles of recharge in a 20 mile trip. (when there's traffic). Enjoy your car.

Latest posts

Back