Higher Mileage E-Trons

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CornishChris

Hi Everyone,

New to the group and do not actually own a E-Tron but currently looking at one as potential new drive.

Does anyone have one at a higher mileage? I am looking at one that has 79,000 miles on the clock. It's a fair few miles away from where I live so trying to do as much research as I can before going to see it.

I appreciate the ranges on these on electric only are not great and obviously lower with time/colder weather (I live in the UK so the best temperature I'm going to see is mid to high 20'sC/75-85F) but what range would I expect to see from a full charge when approaching 100K?

Also, I don't seem to be able to get an indication of what a battery replacement/refurbishment would cost.

Thanks for your help!

Chris

Our battery only gets us 13 miles these days, at best - less than 9 last winter - and I'll be taking it in for warranty replacement soon. We're at 75k miles.

I live in Devon, I’ve got a 2015 Etron that’s done 76,000 miles (had it since new). The battery was registering about 20- 22 miles fully charged but in reality we would get about 15 miles max. Two weeks ago it went in for a service to Audi Exeter and I asked them to do a battery condition check as I wasn’t too happy with it and when going up steep hills even with plenty of miles indicated the engine would kick in. I received a call later that afternoon to say that thee was a recall outstanding and they were going to replace the battery! I had to wait 4 days for them to receive the parts and fit them, but all sorted! Unfortunately I’m working away from home at the moment and my wife has the car so I can’t comment on how much the battery range has improved.

You’re a lucky lad, Dave! Mine was replaced under recall too - the receptionist told me the list price for replacement was not far short of £8k!

Hey, my names Stephan and I own a 2017 Audi A3 E-Tron and it has 127k miles on the odometer. Mostly been highway miles put onto it. Haven't really had any issues besides some small electrical issues, thinking I need to replace the 12v battery in the back. Originally it was around 20 miles in electric but now it only charges to 18, just one bar below the full charge. Just do some research and I'm sure you won't have a problem with finding a good example of this car.

127 k miles is great. I got my 17 Etron with 39 k 2 months ago and done the maintenance (air filter, cabin filter, spark plugs, dsg oill myself) I put 17 Enkie flow formed wheels to make potholes bearable with the Sline suspension,

Coming from 20+ years of VW’s I can appreciate all that went into this car. I get between 18-23 miles in theoretical range but get about 18 on average. The cold weather reduces range at least 3-4 miles a charge. Very happy with my 2 months with this Etron especially with crazy gas prices.

This sounds like it could be a case-by-case thing, with higher mileage cars it might be better to ask the seller about it

So I took the plunge and bought a 2015 A3 Sportback etron with 97,500 miles on the clock here in the UK. Before I did, I insisted the independent dealer fully charge it and give me a test drive on full charge. I was pleasantly surprised it then showed 26 miles range, and drove beautifully and looked as good as new even though probs ex-fleet car.

Did my first charge at a Tesco pod point (no cost!) and it then showed 27 miles of range though this had dropped to 26 by the time I got back on hybrid hold mode.

I then did my first all-electric test on a 9.2 mile run from home in Twickenham to Stockley Park golf club.

So, starting range 26 miles. This had dropped by 9 miles by the time I got to the golf club (fairly flat run, mix of 20, 30 and 40 mph speed limits, some stop start driving in traffic, a little low speed 50/60 mph urban motorway driving). Pretty much on the money.

On the way back though, only a 7 miles range drop for 9.2 miles of driving.

So total of 18.4 miles driven (according to Google Maps) for a 16 mile range loss.

About an hour later, I did a 2.5 mile return trip to DIY store to get a weatherproof extension lead for home charging. Only 1 mile lost from electric range this time.

So a total of 20.9 real miles of driving (say 21 for argument’s sake) for a 17 mile range loss.

Given my max range displayed was 27 miles, that implies a real world range of 33 miles! That to me is fantastic (near or at the claimed figures) and I’m thrilled having paid less than £12,000 for the car. Ok it’s summer, 23c, and I’m sure there will be a huge drop in winter. But what a result. I just hope I continue to be as happy with it in the months and years ahead.

Back