Wireless Charging Magnetic Phone Mount

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbiejoe

I have a Mophie wireless charging case on my phone and I have enjoyed charging my phone in the car without plugging or unplugging. I was using Mophie’s magnetic vent mount, but my new A3 has the round vents that don’t play well with vent mounts. So... I bought a “ProClip Angled Mount” base: Item no. 854805 on the ProClip web site. I then attached a magnetic wireless car charger mount I bought off of Amazon: “Wireless Car Charger for Cell Phone | QI Magnetic Charging Kit | USB Fast Charger Mount” sourced from Thiatoo. The phone is mounted right of the climate controls and left of the glove box, interfering with nothing. If you go to the Amazon site for the product, you’ll see a photo of the set up. I can’t figure out how to put photos here. I put a publically available link between the framing codes, but nothing...

Are you plugging it into the 12V socket or the USB plug in the center console?

You can upload the pic to a service like imgur.com and post a link in a comment

Robbiejoe":us1tagfm said:
I have a Mophie wireless charging case on my phone and I have enjoyed charging my phone in the car without plugging or unplugging. I was using Mophie’s magnetic vent mount, but my new A3 has the round vents that don’t play well with vent mounts. So... I bought a “ProClip Angled Mount” base: Item no. 854805 on the ProClip web site. I then attached a magnetic wireless car charger mount I bought off of Amazon: “Wireless Car Charger for Cell Phone | QI Magnetic Charging Kit | USB Fast Charger Mount” sourced from Thiatoo. The phone is mounted right of the climate controls and left of the glove box, interfering with nothing. If you go to the Amazon site for the product, you’ll see a photo of the set up. I can’t figure out how to put photos here. I put a publically available link between the framing codes, but nothing...

just a quick note of thanks for pointing out the ProClip mount. i just put the center mount (item 854804) on my A3, which allowed me to add 2 mounting screws onto the mount, through which i securely affixed my magnetic holder.

before finding the proclip, i had been struggling with double-sided tape (even the 3M heavy duty) falling off

ZetaMSZ006":1z8zb3ge said:
I got this magnetic mount for my 2016 in the first link, and now they have a wireless charging one as well.
I have bean using proclip on my other cars. But this looks really good.
Just ordered one. Now waiting for it to arrive.

suan":8i82puqg said:
I have bean using proclip on my other cars. But this looks really good.
Just ordered one. Now waiting for it to arrive.
Had it installed last night. I think it looks much nicer than the center mount from proclip.

Back